Prince Albert National Park provides exceptional opportunities for visitors to have a safe and enjoyable summer vacation. With pristine lakes, vast forests and abundant wildlife, the natural setting of the park is the perfect place for friends and families to gather and play. Here are a few activities to include when planning a trip to the national park:
- Hike, bike and paddle the many trails and canoe routes for breathtaking scenery and unforgettable wilderness experiences.
- Take a scenic drive to see wildlife, pack a meal and enjoy multiple day-use areas with beaches, picnic sites or shelters and amazing viewpoints.
- Bring fishing equipment and cast off a boat or the breakwater for a chance to catch walleye or pike. Fishing is fun for both the new and experienced visitor and licenses are available at the Visitor Centre, campgrounds, and entrance gates.
- Camp in the backcountry or at one of the campgrounds outside of Waskesiu to be closest with nature and experience a Canadian classic at its best.
- Attend a summer program with family young or old. Park interpretation staff deliver programs everyday throughout July and August and it’s a great way to learn about the natural and cultural history of the park.
Whether you’re looking for adventure or fun activities for the whole family, a chance to explore nature, or a break from the everyday, Prince Albert National Park has 3 874 km² of protected area with countless unique experiences to suit your needs.
Visit www.pc.gc.ca/princealbert to learn more