It’s a Dogs Life presents our team of talented compassionatepet stylists.We put a lot of effort time and money to gain knowledge to better serve our furry clients and their human companions.! It’s a Dog’s Life is celebrating its 18th year of operation, boasting 52 years of combined grooming experience! From walk in pawdicures to full grooming appointments we can help you and your pet have a safe and cool summer!
- Keep your dog groomed regularly over the summer. Whether its long or short the coat needs to be undercoat and matt free for the air to flow through properly. Many salons are very busy in the summer so make sure to pre-book your appointment or book in advance.
- Never leave your dog in a hot car! If you must leave them please keep the air conditioning on and the car running! Dogs temperatures run hotter than ours (101-102 ˚F). They are predisposed to heat stroke a lot quicker than we are and can die in minutes. Keep a water dish and water available when travelling with your pet on hot summer days.
- Make sure your dog is protected from parasites like fleas, ticks, lice and mosquitoes. There are many natural repellent sprays on the market to help ward away flies and mosquitoes. We have insecticide shampoo to get rid of those pesky varmints. Your local vet can help you with preventive medicines to ward off bugs. Be pro-active.
- Offer a paddling pool or even a cooling pad for your pet to stand on. Dogs regulate heat through their paws and panting. Freeze some broth into ice cube trays or freeze some dogs bones or a water bottle, makes a nice cool treat and they love it. Some dogs love to play in the sprinkler.
- Careful of hot pavement if it's too hot for your bare feet it's too hot for your dog's paws.
Have a fun and safe summer, feel free to come in and check out our team and salon!